Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A great find? Ceiling Tiles!

I LOVE ceiling tiles.  In my small town, our city building has old ceiling tiles.  About 6 years ago I was on a hunt for ceiling tiles. I looked and searched for them here in the West but...nothin.  I got on-line and there were ceiling tiles, but expensive!  $100 for a square!
That same year I went to North Carolina to help my sister-in-law decorate her farm house.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G antique shops.  And wouldn't you know, I found ceiling tiles in a little store!  I asked the man, "how much"?  He replied..."hmmmm two for five".  I smiled and said "I will take them ALL".  And I did.  I had my brother wrap them up nice and tight and  I checked them in on the plane home.  
There are great things about ceiling tiles, besides just looking fabulous in a house:)  They cover bad walls and they are magnetic.  Just be careful with old ones, they tend to have the lead based paint on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment